tracking

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Waiting makes me antsy......

So my apologies for not writing.  I was out of commission in the Bahamas on a vacation.  What was truly amazing about this vacation is that I realized that the light that dwells within us can be seen by many.  On the cruise I met several people over the course of the week.  I was amazed that within minutes into the conversation, we would somehow get to the place where we would both share our faith.   When I left for the trip, I never considered that I would meet so many Christians and that we would be able to share the ups and downs of our faith.  

The thing that struck me most that no matter what country you live in or state in the USA, no matter what your color is, social status, we all have burdens to bear.  We all have crosses in our lives that we are carrying.  What became evident is that once I heard other peoples stories or challenges, I began to realize just how blessed I have been.   It made the low moments that I have been going through not so low.   It also made me realize that no matter where one finds themselves on the journey, we all seem to be in the same place.  We are waiting in faith for God to move.   We are waiting for answers to questions, we are waiting to see what steps to take next,  we are in a holding pattern waiting to be told when to land.  

Isn't it amazing that in our differences the one thing we all have in common is that we must wait on God.
We have to trust that he has our best interest at heart.

Psalm 46:10--Be still and know that I am God.......


I don't know about you but I'm getting antsy.    We've got to learn how to come together and "Wait together."   Then just maybe the wait won't seem so long.

2 comments:

  1. Not only do you have to wait on the Lord, but you must be ready and prepared for the blessing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which means that waiting is also an action word. Because in order to be prepared, you need to start preparing, which means action. I guess that means waiting deosn't mean just sitting and doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete