tracking

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

He's right beside you!!!

It has been way too long since I have written anything for the public to read.  Truth be told I don't have a good excuse.  What I can tell you is that it wasn't until tonight that I realized that as much as I adore and trust God, I often feel like He is so far away.  But scripture tells us in Genesis when Moses is to go stand in the cleft of the rock.  God says to him, " look here is a place right beside me."  It occurred to me that God is asking us all to look for Him.  He is not far away somewhere off in the distance He is near.  The other thing I realized in that scripture is that God also tells Moses that while he is in the cleft of the rock, his hand will cover him so that he won't be able to see his face.  I was struck that God's one hand is big enough to cover Moses in the rock.  Which means that God's one hand is able to hold all of the burdens, struggles,  and my life issues He can fit them in one hand.

Imagine for a moment that not only is God right beside you, all of your problems can fit right in the palm of His hands.  For me it translates this way, that literally God can take care of all of my problems, issues and concerns.  He is bigger than my problem.  We know that He already knows the things that we are dealing with, but not only that he has the ability to see it clearly because it fits in his hands.   Think about it, have you ever picked up a speck of dirt or something you weren't able to identify and you put it in the middle of your palm so that you can get a closer look.  Or when you were a kid, you would pick up some funny object outside an instinctively you would put it in you palm to take a closer look.  Imagine God doing that with our problems.  He can see them clearly and get a closer look.  The reality is that just as the poem in footprints says that not only can He hold my problems in his hand, He will carry me through the hard times.

The key to all of this is that we need to do as God has told Moses, "Look here is a place right beside me".  We need to seek out places in our lives where we can be close to God.  When we are close to God,  He is better able to guide us to the solutions of the problems we face.  He is able to cover us and protect us.  Because the reality is that when Moses was in the cleft of the rock away from the people he was able to focus on the directions that God gave him so that he knew how to proceed on his journey.  I don't know about you but I want God's direction and God desires for us to be close to Him.  To realize that He's a big God but he's still has room for us.  He still has time for us, He still wants to be with us.  We have just got to look for Him.

Well my thoughts for this evening.  It is my prayer that you will reach out to see God close by and not far off in the distance.




1 comment:

  1. Amen, Min. Murphy! This is one of my favorite scriptures. I often overlook the "right beside me" part and its implications but I get it. This exegis serves as confirmation to something the Holy Spirit has benn telling me. Praise God. Continue to write and continue letting him use you.
    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete