tracking

Thursday, August 26, 2010

We need serenity

One of the ways that we experience peace is that we we realize that it is not about us.  When I graduated I was given a little plague with the serentiy prayer on it which reads:
God, grant me
the serenity to accept the things
I can't change,
The courage to change
the things I can, and
the wisdom to
know the difference.
I have to tell you that when I read this today.  I realized that there is only so much I can do.  Realizing that even having the courage to change implies that I need the courage to do the things that God has asked me to do.  Then  there are those things in our life that we have no control over.  We have no control over the family we have been given, we have no control over our skin color, no control over hair or eye color.  For some you may feel like there are other things in your life that you have no control over but you do.  Your job, your health, where you live, and etc......  I'm also not saying that life's circumstances hasn't left us in what appears to man to be impossible situations.  But God can work it out.  For he says, in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans."  
It is my belief and I'm working on it too, is that we need to learn to hear from God. We need to obey what we hear from God.  When He says move, move.  When he says stay, stay.   Then have peace/serenity that God is in control. 

How do we find serenity in a world of so much chaos?  Any ideas........



No comments:

Post a Comment