tracking

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What season are you in?

Every year depending on what part of the country one lives there are 4 seasons.  In the winter, everything lays dormant, hibernating, preparing and getting ready to bloom.  In the spring, things start to grow and develop.  The ground is ready for planting and the weather is comfortable.   Then it hits summer, the things that are planted, are in full bloom, and it seems all you can do is endure the heat and try to make the best of a hot situation.  Then we hit fall.  The weather returns to a comfortable temperature and the colors of the  trees are at there peak as it prepares to shed the leaves of the spring.  The trees go through a natural pruning process in the fall.  The things that are dead, are dropped to the ground to be put in bags and thrown away never to return.

As I think about this hot summer evening and evaluating where I am in the midst of the seasons in my life.  I feel like I'm in the winter season.  I've been resting and now I'm waiting to spring forth.   I'm ready for new things in my life.   However, it seems to me that the winter will never end.  I begin to realize that there is nothing I can do to rush the season.  I just have to take it one day at time. Then there are those moments when I feel like I'm at the beginning of spring.  I begin to enjoy the new things that are happening, things seem to be progressing then all of sudden there is a winter storm that comes from no where.  It wasn't expected, and it stays around for days on end.  My question is why is it so hard to just have life happen?  To know that ultimately God has a plan for my life.   I just need to be prepared to receive it, I must be obedient to what He is requiring and I must be willing to do the work that He asks of me.  I don't know that I have the answers to the questions but I do know that 
Isaiah 40:31, 
"They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

My question is how long must I wait?   I guess in reality as long as it takes because my life is in God's hands.    I don't know about you, but waiting is very hard, but necessary in this journey.   So as I encourage myself in this winter season of my life, I want you to also be encouraged.   I want you to know this day, that you are not alone.  We all go through the seasons of life.

What's your season?





6 comments:

  1. It seems that I am finding myself comming out of a winter season into a bit of a spring moment. Lots of transition for me and newness. New marraige, new job, new relationships/friendships and the end of school and residency. It can be a bit stressful coming out of a season---regardless if the outcome is good or not. Never-the-less, Thank God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. They way I see it it's just like people with allergies, are always effected, when the season changes. It takes a minute for the body to adjust to the new season. Just as the songwriter says, "We've got to praise God in advance." We got to praise him for the things that we are unable to see, because one thing we do know the season will change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! And Yet still we can be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id say Im in spring and finally coming out of a loooong winter. And Im grateful.The word says to everything there is a season. And I believe he doesnt move us from one season to the next until we learn what hes teaching us in the season were in. For every place he puts us theres an assigment, something to recieved(plucked) and something to be planted(given away). I actually did s post on facebook concerning this yesterday.
    I pointed out that the hardest thing sometimes is knowing when it's time to move into another season. sometimes we get so comfortable with where we're at or what we're doing or who were with or our position, that we don't recognize when that season has run its course and when it's time to go into the new season God is taking us into... so we remain stuck in winter when actuality, our summer has already been prepared, we just gotta trust him and spring into it. :)
    This is good reading and confirmation and Im grateful for it, even if it was 6 years ago. :)
    Obviously his word is the same today as it was then. But in terms of seaons, its also obvious God is doing a new thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you for your kind words, I think I need to blog again after reading this ......

      Delete